Re: Converting from MusicXML to Lilypond format

From: Charles Cave
Subject: Re: Converting from MusicXML to Lilypond format
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 09:17:10 +1000

David,

I am one of the (few, it seems!) Windows users of LilyPond.

This is how you can achieve what you want to do:

1. Start a Command Shell

Choose the Start > Run menu item and type in cmd then click OK

    or

Choose the Command Prompt icon on the Start Menu

2. Change directory to where your XML file is. In my example, the
directory is D:\Charles   The > sign indicates the command prompt

>  d:
> cd charles

3. Run the MusicXML converter

You will have to change part of the path name to where you installed Lilypond.

> python "d:/program files/lilypond/usr/bin/musicxml2ly.py"  DebuMandSample.xml

Charles