Re: Lyrics problem ...

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyrics problem ...
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:43:28 +0200

I got the same programming error but still the output looked right
in the simplified example I tried. However, a "better" solution is to
use \lyricsto. For example, you can define a separate Voice context
for the music that the lyrics should follow and define a separate
identifier for the lyrics:

pennsylvania = \context Voice = pennsylvania {
   \override NoteHead #'style = #'cross
   r2_\markup{ shout } f8. f16 f8. f16 f4 f f8. f16 r4
}

pennsylvaniaLyrics = \lyricmode { Penn syl van ia six five thous and }

and redefine your \score block to:

\score {
<<
   \new Staff {
       \set Score.skipBars = ##t
        {
           \clef "bass"
           <<
               \voiceTimeSig
               \voiceTromboneI
               \voiceMarkup

   \new Lyrics \lyricsto pennsylvania {
       \pennsylvaniaLyrics \pennsylvaniaLyrics
   }

   \layout {

  /Mats

Anthony Youngman wrote:

Just tried swapping your version for mine. No improvement :-(

And I'm still getting "programming error: moving backwards in time" in
the logs ...

Cheers,
Wol