Re: old-style pedals working, but brackets not? [MINIMAL EXAMPLE]

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: old-style pedals working, but brackets not? [MINIMAL EXAMPLE]
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:37:00 -0400

Hi, Erik:

FYI, this is probably not a minimal example.
Usually you can shrink  problematic examples down to <5 lines of code

Okay,

\version "2.8.4"
\layout {
        \context {
                \name Dynamics

Now what?  ;-)

Seriously... I prefer bug demos which include WORKING examples as well as BROKEN ones: it makes comparison possible. By way of a relevant example: in the reduced code below, it is impossible to tell whether the pedal engraver is working (present) AT ALL, because there's no working (pre-\set) code. [FWIW, the engraver *is* working...]

I would remove lines from the context definition, one by one, until there are
no lines that are absolutely necessary to reproduce the problem

What I came up with is attached below -- it still doesn't work as expected, of course, but I don't think I can remove anything else without *adding* breakage behaviour! =)

Thanks,
Kieren.
_________________________________

%%%  CODE SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.8.4"

\layout {
        \context {
                \name Dynamics
                \type "Engraver_group"
                \consists "Piano_pedal_engraver"
                \consists "Skip_event_swallow_translator"
                \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
        }
        \context { \PianoStaff \accepts Dynamics }
}

pfPedal = {
\set pedalSustainStyle = #'bracket s4\sustainDown s4\sustainUp \sustainDown s4\sustainUp\sustainDown s4\sustainUp
}

\score {
        \new PianoStaff = "piano" <<
                \new Staff = "pfUpper" \relative c'' { c4 c c c }
                \new Staff = "pfLower" \relative c' { \clef bass c4 s c s }
                \new Dynamics = "pfPedal" \pfPedal

}
%%%  CODE SNIPPET ENDS