arpeggio "curve" and generic 1 sided bracket mark

From: David Whipple
Subject: arpeggio "curve" and generic 1 sided bracket mark
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:21:13 -0600

I am currently a new user and I'm typesetting my first work for mutopia.  :)  This is from Grieg's "Wedding-day at Troldhaugen" if you're curious.

I would like to get symbols like those pictured:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/address@hidden/166806703/

This is a type of arpeggio made with a curved line between the two lines.  A hack could be a sideways slur.  I play piano and I've seen this a few times generally when you have a two note chord that is greater than an octive (play the bottom and then the top like an arpeggio).  I haven't figured out any way to do this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/address@hidden/166806721/

This is just a half bracket.  A hack I could think of is using an \arpeggioBracket like the code below.  I've tried both 2.8.4 and 2.9.8 on windows and it hasn't come out right. If the arpeggioBracket has some kind of position overrides I might be able to use that but I'm not familiar enough with it to come up with anything.

I appreciate for any thoughts on this.

\score {
    \new PianoStaff <<
    %\set PianoStaff.connectArpeggios = ##t