Re: barline problem

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: barline problem
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:31:11 -0400

Hi, Dewdman!

I need better PDF output.

Have you passed a Lilypond-outputted PDF (or the PS) through ps2ps (or pdf2pdf, etc.)?

I haven't used that for this particular purpose, but I have found that certain versions of Adobe Illustrator will read a "post-ps2ps" file better than a "pre-ps2ps" file -- which is to say, something is clearly happening to the PostScript code during the "conversion".

Can't say for sure that will fix your problem(s) -- heck, it might even make them worse -- but it can't hurt to try it out.

Best regards,
Kieren.

p.s. If you do try it, please forward your results and observations to the list again, for the curious among us... =)