Re: barline problem

From: Daniel Johnson
Subject: Re: barline problem
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:48:39 -0700

Dewdman42 wrote:
Oh that is very interesting.  I have not heard of these utilities ps2ps or
pdf2pdf.  I'll google them and try it.  Thanks.

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Have you passed a Lilypond-outputted PDF (or the PS) through ps2ps (or pdf2pdf, etc.)?
ps2ps + ps2pdf results in a file that is about 5 times larger; the Century Schoolbook glyphs appear bitmapped, with obvious jaggies when you zoom in. But the line art appears to be marginally better, and the Feta glyphs are as clear as ever.

pdfopt does not improve any hinting in the originally-generated PDF.

I don't think these are viable solutions.