how to control measure width with RehearsalMark

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: how to control measure width with RehearsalMark
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:30:05 -0400

Hello, all!

I can't seem to get the following example to work as expected (i.e., as described in the \mark items). I've tried every combination of \fatText, \emptyText, #'no-spacing- rods, etc., that I can think of, to no avail.
Any help or hints would be appreciated!  =)

Thanks,
Kieren.
___________________________

%%%  CODE SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.8.4"
\layout { ragged-right = ##t }
\score
{
        <<
                \relative c'
                {
                        \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbol =
#'time-signature
                        \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left
                        \override Score.RehearsalMark #'extra-offset = #'(1 . 0)

                        \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'no-spacing-rods =
##f
\mark \markup "really long RehearsalMark, which widens the bar accordingly" c1 \mark \markup "another verbose tempo indication, but this one should roll over the barline(s)" \repeat "unfold" 8 { c1 }

%%%  CODE SNIPPET ENDS