Re: music definition change in 2.9.9 or thereabouts?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: music definition change in 2.9.9 or thereabouts?
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:59:55 +0200

Erik Sandberg schreef:

I'm not quite sure what the proper solution is. The attached patch solves the problem by renaming EVENT_IDENTIFIER to ARTICULATION_IDENTIFIER. The solution is easy and it works AFAICT, but it relies on music-classes, whose fate is uncertain. I did consider the following solutions as well: 1. Extend identifier-smob with type information (typically corresponding to the return value of try_special_idetifiers). I think this will only move the problem, because expressions like foo = #... must still be assigned a type correctly. 2. unify MUSIC_IDENTIFIER with EVENT_IDENTIFIER. This has one problem: someone will try foo = -.
{ c2\foo d2 }
which (AFAICT) will put the dot above the d2
3. Whenever a variable is assigned music, wrap it in a dummy sequential_music. Unclean.

Isn't it much easier to remove event from 'types for KeyChangeEvent (and rename to KeyChange ?). KeyChange remains an odd event; it should really be a property set for keySignature.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com