no midi with lilypond-book

From: Christian Torff
Subject: no midi with lilypond-book
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:39:56 +0200 (CEST)

hi

like the subject already says i can't get the midi file output to work
when using lilypond-book. this only happens in later versions since 2.6.
up to 2.8.5-1. previous releases (2.4.4) compiled the same *.ly files with
midi. because there are no errors or warnings at all i don't think this is
caused by a syntax error or so.

i originally only wanted the png and the midi file. so i tried to
"retrace" what lilypond-book does. i figured out that the file
lilypond-book-preemble.ly is included with the following code:

#(set! toplevel-score-handler print-score-with-defaults)
#(set! toplevel-music-handler
  (lambda (p m)
   (if (not (eq? (ly:music-property m 'void) #t))
        (print-score-with-defaults
         p (scorify-music m p)))))

#(ly:set-option (quote no-point-and-click))
#(define inside-lilypond-book #t)
#(define version-seen #t)

the first line seems to be the reason for my problems. in 2.4 and previous
there was an ohter value for "print-score-with-defaults". i think it was
"parse-print-score" but this doesn't work any more.

when deleting the first line the midi file is created. but the png's
dimensions are grown to A4/paper size.

i hope somebody can help me. i am currently very unfamiliar with this
scheme thing (never heard before).

cheers
christian