Re: Placing fret diagram at end music

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Re: Placing fret diagram at end music
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:19:13 -0500

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 16:17 +0200, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> That's very easy, since you can add a \markup after the end of a score.
> This example shows two alternatives for the spacing. The first one
> spreads the diagrams evenly over the full line width, whereas the second
> one specifies the spacing.
>
> As you'll quickly find out, I know nothing about fret diagrams and
> guitar playing. ;-)
>
> \version "2.8.0"
>
> \score{
>   \relative c'{
>     c d e f
>   }
> }
>
> \markup{ \fill-line {
> \fret-diagram #"4-2-2;3-1-1;2-o;1-o;"
> \fret-diagram #"4-2-2;3-1-1;2-o;1-o;"
> \fret-diagram #"4-2-2;3-1-1;2-o;1-o;"
> \fret-diagram #"4-2-2;3-1-1;2-o;1-o;"
> \fret-diagram #"4-2-2;3-1-1;2-o;1-o;"
> }
> }

In my files here I put your markup lines just to see what it did. What I
found was that I got the diagram but no name above it. I have looked at
the documentation but I am not sure how to give a name to the chord
diagram.

I see other examples that do have the chord names above the fret diagram
but those situations have the chord names listed in a chordname element.
So the chord name is displayed above the fret diagram in the appropriate
measure.

Stephen