Re: AllAbout Examples

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: AllAbout Examples
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:48:14 -0700

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:34:43 -0500
"Fairchild" <address@hidden> wrote:

> However, based in my own experience and many postings on
> address@hidden, I perceive a need for information that falls
> between content of tutorial and reference documentation -- more
> detailed than the tutorial material and less cryptic than the
> internals reference.

Chapter 3 or 5?

> I propose using the rendered "Examples" section of the documentation
> (now empty) to post a series of AllAbouts, prepared by users, each
> being an in-depth example of a narrow set of features: fonts, layout,
> header, embedded PostScript, rests, lyrics, tuplets, markup, etc.
> (The user perspective is valuable to identify information found
> difficult to extract from existing documentation.)

This could be interesting, but it would have to tie in with other work
on rearranging the examples.  I suppose I could work on this next...

I'll look into this and start discussing things on -devel.  Hopefully
I'll have something to report in a week.

In the mean time, could you post some examples of this to LSR?  It
would be helpful to see exactly what you're proposing... and my
proposal involves LSR, so if it works out you'll be uploading it
to LSR anyway.  :)
- Graham