Re: Moving to 2.8.4--a nightmare?

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Moving to 2.8.4--a nightmare?
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:17:23 +0200

Sebastiano Vigna <address@hidden> writes:

> 1) All my piano scores produce mighty complaints after conversion:
>
> K517-2.ly:14:7: error: syntax error, unexpected \header
>
>        \header {

Assuming that this \header block was found inside a \score block, this
is because now the first element inside a \score block shall be the
music itself; \header block should be placed after.

> 4) Previously working tempo indications are not converted and do not work any
> longer:
>
> p-gruppi-2.ly:45:16: error: unknown escaped string: `\tempo4'
>         \midi {
>                 \tempo4=160 }

Add spaces. if previously \tempo4 was not causing a parse error, this is
by pure chance. I don't think I read any place in the manual where tempi
are entered that way.