Re: Ossia fragments in 2.8.2

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Ossia fragments in 2.8.2
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:08:20 +0200

My point was that it should be a complete example that people
can run directly through LilyPond. In your \score block, you refer
to a number of identifiers that are not included. It should be possible
to write an example which is as small as
\version "2.8.0"
\score{
\relative c' <<
 \new Staff{ R1 | \repeat volta 2 { c4 d e f } | g f e d | }
 \new Staff{ c d e f | \stopStaff s1 \startStaff | g4 f e d | }

}
to illustrate the same problem. If it doesn't show the same phenomenon,
try adding some more aspects from your full score (or go the other way
and cut down your original example to an absolute minimum.

If we return to my example above, the repeat signs are included in the
ossia part. If you don't want that to happen, you can make sure that the
\stopStaff happens not exactly at the bar line but somewhat earlier, such
as:
\score{
\relative c' <<
 \new Staff{ R1 | \repeat volta 2 { c4 d e f } | g f e d | }
 \new Staff{ c d e f4*1/2 \stopStaff s8 s1 \startStaff | g4 f e d | }

}

I'm not sure if this solves your problem. Also, I don't know if there's
any better method to specify exactly what should be printed when the
stave stops or starts again.

  /Mats

Shamus wrote:

I thought I had reduced it (this is NOT my full score--notice no chord
names or chord rhythms). Is this better? Seriously, there isn't much
more I can cut from this.

Following the instructions in the manual for getting ossia fragments
yielded the results you see in the image. The relevant bits are below.
My question is: Is there a way to make these ossia fragments stop where
they're supposed to stop, i.e., well before the repeat sign?

StaffRiffs = \relative c'
{
\set Voice.autoBeaming = ##f
\key d \major
\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
\time 3/4

% Intro

d'4 d e8 [ d ] |   % 1
b4 a2 |   % 2
d4 d e8 [ fs ] |   % 3
d2. |   % 4
\stopStaff

s2.*15 |   % 5 - 19

\startStaff
d4 d e8 [ d ] |   % 20
}

\score
{
<<
  \new Staff \with
  {
    \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
    \remove "Clef_engraver"
%Hmm, removing this screws up the accidental formatting...
%     \remove "Key_engraver"
    fontSize = #-3.0
    \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -3.0)
  }
  \StaffRiffs

  \new ChoirStaff = "Rhythm"
  <<
    \new ChordNames = "chords" \Chords
    \new RhythmicStaff = "chordRhythm" \StaffC

  \set Score.skipBars = ##t
  \set Score.melismaBusyProperties = #'()

\layout
{