Re: Dash instead of 'm' for minor chords

From: Vicente Solsona
Subject: Re: Dash instead of 'm' for minor chords
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:52:12 +0200

I use the same system as Shamus, but I use the dash simbol instad the minus symbol, because I find it to be a bit more polite. So I have then:

jazzyChordsMusic =
{
  <c ees g>1-\markup {#(ly:export (ly:wide-char->utf-8 #x2013))} % Cm -> C-
  % and so on...
}

I have jazzyChordsMusic and jazzyChordsAdd in a separate "jazzchords.ly" file, so everytime I want my custom chord names (well, always :) ), I just include that file.

Greetings,

Vincent