Re: Python scripts on WindowsXP, was: abc2ly on Windows XP

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: Re: Python scripts on WindowsXP, was: abc2ly on Windows XP
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:51:37 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mats Bengtsson" <address@hidden>
To: "Trent Johnston" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Thomas Scharkowski" <address@hidden>; "Laura Conrad"
<address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 9:32 PM

| Trent Johnston wrote:
|
| >For me:
| >
| >None of the scripts have run properly on Windows XP for ages that I've
given
| >up.
| >

| Come on, this kind of answer is just destructive since it might lead
| people to the
| wrong conclusion without even trying themselves. Try again! In my
| experience,
| the problems were much more serious in 2.8.0 than in 2.8.5.
|
|    /Mats

Whoops didn't reply to all.. here it is again....

On 2.9.10

running both musicxml2ly and convert-ly I get the following error messages:

D:\>musicxml2ly 06Sonatapg1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\LilyPond\usr\bin\musicxml2ly.py", line 3, in ?
    import optparse
SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call

D:\>convert-ly completescore.ly
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\LilyPond\usr\bin\convert-ly.py", line 13, in ?
    import os
SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call

At this moment I'm downloading 2.8.5 to see if I can get it to work.

Trent