RE: Coexisting 2.8 with 2.4

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: Coexisting 2.8 with 2.4
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 12:20:37 -0500

Thomas, et. al. -

Successfully installed 2.8.5-1.  Some findings and questions:

1)  2.8 adds to the PATH at installation - doesn't seem necessary.

2)  2.8 changes the ly file association and icon - annoying.

3)  How to get the 2.4 default font in 2.8?

4)  Trying to set up a second jEdit doesn't seem possible.  Don't try it
naively - the result is confusing to unwind.

5)  Don't find a flavor switch in LilyTool 0.2.8.  Haven't upgraded to
0.2.9.

6)  Thanks for the suggestion to use the command line - awkward but
tolerable - it works sometimes - sometimes Lily crashes - haven't nailed a
discriminator.

7)  What's a correct command line to get dvi?  Using " . . .
usr/bin/lilypond-windows.exe -b=tex --dvi test" finds an error in init.ly.

8)  Why the move to 'native' from cygwin?  What is gained?  Seems
development talent would be more productive sweeping jEdit cobwebs.

9)  Your signature tag implies you juggle three LilyPond versions.  How?

TIA for any insights.

                            - Bruce