add lyrics - organize score

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: add lyrics - organize score
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 19:17:03 +0000

First of all the details - v2.6.5 (I know it's "old") on Win XP Home...

I am trying to create a "lead sheet" of sorts that has a lead vocal line, a backing vocal line, a bass line, and a rhythm context that shows the basic chord charges.

So I have 5 variables:

leadvox, backvox, harmonies (\chordmode), beat (\context RhythmicStaff), bline. After the definition of the notes and rhythms for leadvox and backvox I have \addlyrics blocks, so the code looks roughly like this:

leadvox = {....}
\addlyrics {la la la...}
backvox = {...}
\addlyrics {hey my my lordy be...}
\harmonies = \chordmode {..chords/rhythms...}
\beat = \context RhythmicStaff {...basically the same code as the \harmonies...} \bline = {...bass line - will be fairly developed as I've been basically a bassist for a few years...}

and I put them together like this:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\score
{
<<
        \context Voice = one
        {
                \autoBeamOff
                \leadvox
        }
        \context Voice = two
        {
                \autoBeamOff
                \backvox
        }
        \context ChordNames
        {
                \set chordChanges = ##t
                %\set fontSize = #-1.5
                \harmonies
        }

        \context Rhythm
        {
                \beat
        }
        \context Voice = three
        {
                \bline
        }

        \layout { }
}

Now, it seems, no matter how I do this the lyrics come out on the bottom, and while I haven't gotten to it yet, when the vocal parts overlap I'm going to have a problem I think...

What I'd like to know how to do is add the lyrics to the specific variable and force those lyrics to render underneath the stave for that voice.

Thanks!