Re: Dash instead of 'm' for minor chords

From: Thibaut Chevalier
Subject: Re: Dash instead of 'm' for minor chords
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 23:10:42 +0700

Thanks, it works great !
I personnally prefer the minus sign which is a little shorter.

However, i had to write this complicated markup to obtain a correct "7 / b5" for semi-diminished chords (instead of the dashed circle).

<c ees ges bes>-    \markup { "-" \super {7/ \hspace #0.2 \teeny {\raise #0.3 \flat} 5} }    % C dashed circle -> C-7/5b

It seems that the \flat inside the \super does not behave like the rest of the text, and is bigger and to low than the usual superscript text, but I could not figure why, reading the Overview of Markup commands. Has anyone a clue ? (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/Documentation/user/lilypond/Overview-of-text-markup-commands.html#Overview-of-text-markup-commands ).

Thibaut.