RE: MultiMeasureRest - trying to be clever ...

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: RE: MultiMeasureRest - trying to be clever ...
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 08:45:23 +0100

Thanks Graham.

The section I needed was 9.2.6 (I think 9.2.3 simply describes what I
said I'd tried to do...)

And no disrespect, but I think Thibault is spot on with his first
sentence. The lilypond documentation is the size of a small novel!
Finding what you're looking for isn't easy.

And I know it's small comfort to you on the lily list, but I'm on a list
where questions are often answered with "it's in the manual". Thing is,
that manual is maybe 20 volumes, MOST of which are individually bigger
than the lily manual. The problem is that if you keep the manual small
you have to leave things out, if you put everything in people can't see
the wood for the trees. What do you do?

Cheers,
Wol