Re: midi2ly

From: Jim Sizelove
Subject: Re: midi2ly
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 06:58:04 -0400

Philip wrote:
I'm have become familiar with the basics of this software, and am exploring some
more advanced features.  One particular interest to me was converting MIDI files
to .LY format.

I'm running the latest vershon of LilyPond on Mac OS X v. 10.4.7 on an Intel
processor.  I am also a Linux dabbler, so it was no big problem for me to
discover that midi2ly uses the terminal.  However, when I tried to run the
software, I was told that the command "midi2ly" was not found.  Is there
something I'm overlooking?  I will admit that, while I'm modestly familiar with
BASH, I haven't used it in OS X much.  Could that be the issue?

Thanks for your help.  LilyPond seems to be a very good piece of software.

Yes, you almost certainly need to set your path. See the page on "Notes for the MacOS X app" in the "Running LilyPond" section of the documentation. http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/Documentation/user/lilypond/Notes-for-the-MacOS-X-app.html

hth,
Jim