Re: Lilypond store?

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Lilypond store?
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:47:53 +0200

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 15:09, Stewart Holmes wrote:
> Yes. Harsh this may sound, but how much of the music on Mutopia would you
> be satisfied to print out, and use yourself? From a quick browse through
> various sections, I have to say that a large amount of the music on there
> is fairly poorly engraved. My proposition is for much more strict quality
> control... after all, nobody will pay money for music unless it looks
> professional.

I suggest that you start a discussion thread on mutopia's mailing lists: If
you have constructive ideas on how to create an archive of high-quality
public domain notes, then I would strongly recommend you to use your ideas to
improve mutopia; if that's not possible, use mutopia as a base for creating
such an archive (i.e., fork the mutopia project).

--
Erik