Re: Decomposing Lilypond-book for makefile optimization?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Decomposing Lilypond-book for makefile optimization?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:46:29 -0700

Jeff Smith wrote:
My document is quite lengthy. Every time I make a change to the master doc (the .lytex source), lilypond-book robotically goes along and recompiles all the lilypond files, even though they haven't changed.

This is a bug; lilypond-book shouldn't recompile anything unnecessarily. What version of lilypond are you using, on which OS, and what command-line arguments are you using? Does it make a difference if you run lilypond-book from your output directory? (ie don't use --out/ or --output/ or whatever that command is )

I can't help with your other questions... nor can I really help with debugging lilypond-book... but answering these questions may help other people discover the problem faster. :)

Cheers,
- Graham