RE: Newbie LilyPondTool installation help?

From: Joseph Anderson
Subject: RE: Newbie LilyPondTool installation help?
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:15:23 +0100

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for the suggestions and the .zip of .jars you forwarded of ErrorList,
Console and SideKick.

This has seemed to get me further towards having a working set-up,
unfortunately LilyPondTool still isn't quite happy. Now I think the problem has
to do with Console not having to correct path to run lilypond.

Activity Log lists this error:

[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: java.io.IOException: convert-ly: not found

I do believe that it is now a path problem, as when I query $PATH from
Console's System page, the path doesn't include the directory lilypond is
installed in. Both my .bash_profile and my .profile do include my lilypond
path, so I'm confused as to why Console isn't catching it. Lilypond does throw
up the help/flags list if I try to run lilypond from the console using the
complete path name, so that is good news.

So what I'm wondering, is there another place to set $PATH for the Console
plugin?

Thanks again for the help.

J Anderson