Can't set next-padding - it's ignoring me

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: Can't set next-padding - it's ignoring me
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:39:38 +0100

Well it was ... then I copied the example in the manual and it blows up
on me ...

I'm trying to globally over-ride the next-padding property to squeeze
more systems on a page (ie get the entire piece on one page and not have
an orphan system on page 2). There's an example in the manual about
using \outputProperty which I've copied but it refuses to work.

        \outputProperty #"Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn"
#'line-break-system-details #'((next-padding . 5))

I've tried it in the \score context, the \paper and the \layout context.
It blows up every time with "unrecognized escaped string
outputProperty". What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Wol

* ************************************************************************ *

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain
private and confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must
not act on anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it,
disseminate it in any way, or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to
inform us of the transmission error or telephone ECA International immediately
and delete the e-mail from your information system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 8272 5300,
Hong Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582
2333.