Re: Changing fonts in headers

From: Shamus
Subject: Re: Changing fonts in headers
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:11:31 -0700

Michael J Millett wrote:
> I am sorry to report that I have still not been successful in changing
> the font of the headers, and request some suggestions.
>
> I now wonder if LP contains a vehicle for changing the header fonts.
> Does anyone know?

There's probably an better way than this, but the only way I've been
able to get Lily to do what I want in this area is:

staffSize = #18 % or 16
#(set-global-staff-size staffSize)

\header
{
  title    = \markup { \override #'(font-family . sans)
    { \fontsize #3.5 "The Best Song Ever!" } }
  composer = \markup { \override #'(font-family . sans) "Traditional" }
}

... music/layout stuff goes here ...

\paper
{
  #(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree
    "Times New Roman"
    "DomCasual BT"
    "Luxi Mono"
    (/ staffSize 20)))
}

Basically, it's setting up a custom font tree with the font I want in my
header (DomCasual BT) in the sans serif slot. I then override the font
family in the header to use the sans serif font (I also bump up the font
size, since to me the title font is too small). I'm sure there's a
better way to do it, but I haven't been smart enough to figure it out
yet. :-/

-- Shamus