Re: Problem with midi2ly

From: Dewdman42
Subject: Re: Problem with midi2ly
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:54:56 -0700 (PDT)

ok.  Never mind I guess.  I needed to quantize the midi file.  Which enabled
it to run successfully.  Seems like an un-intuitive error message, for
whatever its worth...but at least it works.  that being said, the duration
values it created are mind boggingly complicated.  stuff like:

     b4*237/480

Which I assume its because its trying to retain all the midi durations and
ticks per beat, etc..  I am wondering if there is a way to just generate
simple ly from mid files.