Re: Problems with melismata

From: Armin Lambacher
Subject: Re: Problems with melismata
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:02:45 +0200

Am Samstag, 15. Juli 2006 02:42 schrieb Eduardo Vieira:
> Hi! I think this message can help you:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-03/msg00514.html

Thank you for the link, but it does not solve the problem. I get the extender
in the text, but the text then starts only at the third note.

I have broken down the file to less content to show the effect:

\version "2.9.10"

\header
{
        title = "Erde singe"
        composer = "Satz: Max Eham 1975"
}
#(set-default-paper-size "a4" 'landscape)
#(set-global-staff-size 20)

global = {
  \time 3/4
  \key f \major
}

text = \lyricmode {Er -- de sin -- ge, daß __ es klin -- ge, }

sopran = {
        f'4( a') c''
        d'' c'' r4
        f'4( g') a'
        bes'4 a' r4
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff = "RightHand"
    {
      \clef treble
      \global
      \new Voice = "one" {\voiceOne \sopran}
    }
    \context Lyrics = lyrics {\set alignAboveContext = #"RightHand" \lyricsto
one \text}

Now I get an error message during processing:

GNU LilyPond 2.9.10
Processing `test1.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
test1.ly:16:55: warning: unterminated hyphen; removing
text = \lyricmode {Er -- de sin -- ge, daà __ es klin

and the text starts only on the third note of the first bar.

What to do?

Best regards

Armin