Re: Pango font availability

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: Pango font availability
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:35:36 +0200

Am 2006-07-13 um 17:05 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:

1. How can I find out what fonts are available to Pango on my machine (Mac OS X)? From random testing, I can see that some are and some aren't... 2. How can I make available to Pango fonts which currently aren't? I haven't been able to find any such instructions on the web (only installation instructions, etc.).

That doesn't really answer your question, but Pango on OSX can only use Truetype fonts (including dfonts) that contain only one font variant.

from a mail by Han-Wen:
the actual font selected is determined by Pango and the FontConfig libraries. I'm not completely sure what they do and do not accept. You can get a list of available fonts and their names by putting the following in a .ly file:

  #(ly:font-config-display-fonts)

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle