Re: Can you add blank pages in Lilypond?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Can you add blank pages in Lilypond?
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:49:49 -0700

Panteck wrote:
I'm using Lilypond 2.8.4 on Windows XP.

I'm trying to optimize page turns in a double-sided printing scenario, and need to add blank pages in the PDF at appropriate locations. Is it possible to add a completely blank page (or a page that says "This page intentionally left blank") in Lilypond? I've tried multiple \pageBreaks in a row, and having an empty \score { } \header { breakbefore = ##t } block, but neither one works. I searched the web and found lots of examples of how to create a bunch of empty staffs, but not how to create just a blank page. Has anyone else figured out a solution to this problem?

I'm using lilypond-book, so I \lilypondfile{page-break.ly} this file. To use this inside lilypond, remember that you can just have a \markup on its own (ie no \score). If you add breakbefore headers to this file and the following movement, you should be able to get it to work.

%%% page-break.ly:
\version "2.9.6"
\markup{ \fill-line{ \column {
  \hspace #1
  \hspace #1
  \hspace #1
  \hspace #1
  \hspace #1
  \hspace #1
  \hspace #1
  \hspace #1
  \hspace #1
  \hspace #1
  \hspace #1
  \hspace #1
  \line { (this page has been left blank to facilitate page turning) }
}}}