Re: RemoveEmptyVerticalGroup remove-first?

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: RemoveEmptyVerticalGroup remove-first?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:49:08 +0200

"Rick Hansen (aka RickH)" <address@hidden> writes:

> Has this:
>
> \override RemoveEmptyVerticalGroup #'remove-first = ##t
>
> been depricated in 2.8.5?  It's not in the new manual.

Try
  \override Score.VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t

> If so, then how do I get rid of the large amount of vertical whitespace
> between the header and the first system?  My page only has 3 lines and I'd
> like them all to be together beginning shortly after the heading leaving all
> the whitespace at page bottom.
>
> I already have ragged-bottom and ragged-last-bottom set to true.  Under
> 2.8.0 I believe RemoveEmptyVerticalGroup used to allow you to remove the
> whitespace after the heading.

No. This property can be set to remove empty staves in the first system
when using \RemoveEmptyStaffContext (which otherwise are only removed in
the following systems).

If you want to tweak the spacing, use:
  \paper { annotate-spacing = ##t }
and read the section about vertical spacing in the manual.
You probably want to tweak after-title-space.

nicolas