Lyrics and centering

From: Michael J Millett
Subject: Lyrics and centering
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:26:01 -0500

I am having a problem with the centering of lyrics, for which I was hoping to get some help.

I cannot get the words to center underneath the proper note when a tie is involved. For instance, if a note is tied, the word is centering underneath the Two notes, and not underneath only the first note of the tie, as it should. I've tried both \set ignoreMelismata = ##t and \set melismaBusyProperties = #'(), but to no effect.

I am also getting the word not centered on the first beat of the second measure, where the first beat is part a slur.

One question in particular: Is it absolutely necessary use Lyricsto instead of the other lyric modes in order to get the centering I am trying to get?

So far, I haven't found any examples of this.

Thanks again for your help. This has certainly been the nicest user group I can remember being a part of :) That helps!

Michael