Re: lyrics running wider than the staff

From: Michael Haynie
Subject: Re: lyrics running wider than the staff
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 00:06:07 -0400

Thanks -- that works like a charm, once I realized that the particular setting I needed can be hoisted to a global layout and still work.

Apparently, I just need to sit down with the 2.8 manual and relearn lilypond -- so much has changed since I started (with 2.0) that it's almost a completely different language -- much like the difference between the English of Chaucer and the New York Times -- both are English, but with a sufficiently different vocabulary and expectations that some confusion is likely.