Slide, or "glissando" with no start point

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: Slide, or "glissando" with no start point
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:35:26 -0400

Hi -

Running LilyPond 2.8.4.1 under Windows XP SP2.

I'd like to notate a slide up to a note. The time, in the music, would
come out of the note following the slide notation. For those familiar
with ABC notation, this would be similar to prefixing the note with a
"J" in .abc. In this particular piece of music, the previous note is
higher than the one being slid to. The only workaround I can figure out
would be one involving \oneVoice. Is that my only option?

I've searched the documentation, including list archives, and found a
sort of related discussion back around 2.5 or 2.6, but it was actually
about drops and raises after a note, not before, and there was no
resolution I could find.

Thanks for your help (someday I hope to be able to offer some),

Ralph
Ralph Palmer
Energy/Administrative Coordinator
Keene State College