Re: setting accidental style

From: Jon Wild
Subject: Re: setting accidental style
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:07:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Paul Scott wrote:

Where should I insert the line

#(set-accidental-style 'no-reset)

in my .ly file, in order to have accidentals be remembered across barlines?

I tried outside the /book block, inside the /book block but outside the /score block, and inside the /score block. Each time I got the error "syntax error, unexpected MUSIC_IDENTIFIER"
Can you give us a small non-working example?

Sure. Here's an attempt at putting the line inside the /book block but outside any of the /score blocks:

=========
\book {
  #(set-accidental-style 'no-reset)
  \score {
    { <c' des' ees'>1 <d' e' f'>1 }
    \layout {
      ragged-right = ##t
      \context {
        \Staff
        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
        \remove "Bar_engraver"
  \score {
    { <c' ees' fes'>1 <cis' d' f'>1 }
    \layout {
      ragged-right = ##t
      \context {
        \Staff
        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
        \remove "Bar_engraver"

(I still have my \context block duplicated in every score block because I haven't solved that problem yet either)

Many thanks --Jon Wild