Re: setting accidental style

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: setting accidental style
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:45:22 -0700

Jon Wild wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Paul Scott wrote:

Where should I insert the line

#(set-accidental-style 'no-reset)

in my .ly file, in order to have accidentals be remembered across barlines?

I tried outside the /book block, inside the /book block but outside the /score block, and inside the /score block. Each time I got the error "syntax error, unexpected MUSIC_IDENTIFIER"
Can you give us a small non-working example?

Sure. Here's an attempt at putting the line inside the /book block but outside any of the /score blocks:

=========
\book {
  #(set-accidental-style 'no-reset)
  \score {
    { <c' des' ees'>1 <d' e' f'>1 }
    \layout {
      ragged-right = ##t
      \context {
        \Staff
        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
        \remove "Bar_engraver"
  \score {
    { <c' ees' fes'>1 <cis' d' f'>1 }
    \layout {
      ragged-right = ##t
      \context {
        \Staff
        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
        \remove "Bar_engraver"
I can get it to compile with this but I don't know if it gives you what you want. There are no notes in the second "bar" that have the same accicentals as notes in the first "bar". This assuming you are thinking of each whole chord as a 4/4 bar.

\book {
 \score {
   <<
     \new Staff{