Re: Line breaking every x bars

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Line breaking every x bars
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:30:21 -0700

Christopher Culver wrote:
I've played at the top of \score{... the example in the manual for
line breaking every x beats so that I could have Lilypond place no
more than 7 bars on each page of my orchestral score, but when I run
Lilypond, it complains that it cannot provide such line breaking
because of "constraints". The resulting PDF has the staves going over
the right end of the page because it can't break onto the next page.

Is there another way I could enable such breaking?

I'm almost positive that you have a rhythmic mistake in your score. Please add barline checks | to find out where they are.

- Graham