Re: lyrics running wider than the staff

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lyrics running wider than the staff
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 22:32:27 -0700

Michael Haynie wrote:
I would be embarrassed to not have found that, except that it never occurred to me to look at the root node of the section, which doesn't suggest that it deals with such an odd topic. I've wondered if it might be a good idea to collect settings which have global formatting effects into one section, or at least creating a sort of index. As someone who creates thousand page documents ever other year, I can appreciate the difficulties ...

All the global formatting options are listed in the program reference. Many manual pages have "commonly tweaked properties" which are designed to handle common cases (or simply give examples of the kinds of tweaks which are possible), but they are not the main source of that information.

I agree that this specific case is not ideal; informal patches are appreciated. I don't do vocal music, so I am not the best person to be making changes to section 7.3. For more info, see
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding

- Graham