Re: Getting glyphs.

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Getting glyphs.
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:52:36 +0200

^\segno should work fine as long as it's inserted after a note
in the input file. Since you didn't show any complete example
of how it appears in the file, it's hard to say what the particular
problem is here and if it's a bug in the NoteEdit output. Are you sure that the LilyPond output from NoteEdit matches the version of LilyPond you use? Otherwise, you may have to use convert-ly to upgrade the syntax.

  /Mats

Quoting Doug Laidlaw <address@hidden>:

I have Lilypond installed under Mandriva 2006 from the RPMs available for the
distro.

I can create Segno or Coda signs with Noteedit, but Lilypond seems to be
unable to handle them.  An export from Noteedit to Lilypond inserts the
following code for a segno "^\segno".  Lilypond complains about the ^, so I
remove it, but the compilation still fails.

I keep seeing glyphs mentioned.  I have  a
directory /usr/share/cups/data/psglyphs, an
executable /usr/bin/composeglyphs , and a couple of Readmes under Freetype.
Do I perhaps need more fonts?

TIA,

Doug.
--