RE: LilyPondTool MacOSX help

From: Joseph Anderson
Subject: RE: LilyPondTool MacOSX help
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:15:26 +0100

Hello Sean,

I may be the 'other' user you speak of. With some help from Stephen Corey
(check the archive), providing advice and .jars, and a tiny bit of hacking,
I've got LilyPondTool running on my MacOS 10.4 system.

Here's the plugins I'm using with jEdit 4.2final:

Console 4.1.2
ErrorList 1.3.2
Jakarta Commons 0.4.4
Latest Version Check 1.5
LilyPondTool 0.2.9
Mac OS Plugin 3.0
QuickNotepad 4.2
SideKick 0.3.4
Templates 3.3.0

Stephen provided the older versions of Console and ErrorList. (I haven't fooled
around to see of both these older versions are required, or just one.)

Additionally, I had to set some of the LilyPondTool plugin options:

Under 'General' I have selected 'Native' lilypond (rather than 'Cygwin'). Also,
while the PDF viewer is set to AcroRd32.exe, Preview.app is launching for me.

Under 'Commands' I've set LilyPond command to '/usr/local/bin/lilypond', which
is where my lilypond is. The biggest problem I had been having (after getting
the plugins working w/ Stephen's help) was the fact that jEdit wasn't picking
up my $PATH from etc/profile or my own personal .profile in my home directory.
Setting the lilypond command explicity got lilypond to run.

Getting convert-ly to run took a tiny bit of hacking. The command field is set
to /usr/local/bin/convert-ly. But, I had to go into the convert-ly script and
make the following change:

APPDIR=`lilypond --print-appdir`

changed to

APPDIR=`/usr/local/bin/lilypond --print-appdir`

making the lilypond path explit.

None of this explicitness would be necessary if I could work out how to set the
$PATH up correctly within jEdit. (Any suggestions??) However, this gets things
running.

If you want to use Cygwin, I'd presume similar changes would make that work.

My best,
Jo Anderson