Re: LilyPondTool MacOSX help

From: Sean Reed
Subject: Re: LilyPondTool MacOSX help
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:31:29 +0200

Hi Bert,

Thanks for the trouble.
Using Jo's help, I've got it up and running.
Still looking forward to the new release!

Thanks for the work!

-Sean

___________________
Sean Reed
Hamburg, Germany
www.seanreed.de

Well, the Console plugin's maintainers has changed the plugin in an incompatible way. Now I can see that I have to make a release for the newer version. Until then, you could try to run the lilypond- related commands outside LilyPondTool, maybe using the Console plugin by itself.

Next week I'll going to make a release of LilyPondTool's latest version.

Bert

Sean Reed írta:
Hi Bertalan,

I used LilyPondTool exclusively for all my scores with enormous satisfaction until April of 2005 on Mac OSX.

I recently updated the tool, but it no longer works. Things appear to have changed.
Maybe you could help me out a bit.

I've downloaded the plugin in jEdit4.2 and all of the associate plugins.
In the plugin options, I put in the bash shell path as /bin/bash.
However, the options seem quite Windows-based, since there is a choice for "native" or "cygwin", and since the PDF viewer is listed with an .exe (when I try to choose the Preview.app, I have to go all the way into the contents of the application to find the unix binary).

The menu bar appears, just like it used to.

When I try to compile the score, I get the following error:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: console.Console.setShell(Ljava/lang/ String;)V
with a whole long list of sub-errors.

Recently, another user wrote to the list asking about something similar. He replaced the new version of the Console with an older one, but still received this error:
AWT-EventQueue-0: java.io.IOException: convert-ly: not found
I experienced the same problem.

Any clues on what to do to get it running again?
LilyPondTool was always a great asset in my work on scores.

Best,
Sean

Sean Reed
Hamburg, Germany