Unable to run lilypond through web server, php etc

From: Maurits Lamers
Subject: Unable to run lilypond through web server, php etc
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 06:02:48 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

I am trying to extend a latexrender plugin for dokuwiki
(http://wiki.splitbrain.org) to also be able to generate
notation fragments using lilypond 2.8.

I have been struggling for a couple of days now to get
lilypond running through the web server and it fails
again and again and again.

When run as user from a command line, there is no
problem. Lilypond generates without problems.
No matter what user, even the apache user
(by running sudo -u apache as root).

But every way that I have tried to let lilypond run by
the webserver fails. When run using php, lilypond-book
runs, but as soon as lilypond is run to generate the eps
 files, it fails with Child terminated by signal 6.
Adding --safe to the lilypond options does nothing.
Jailing does not work either.

==
Running latex...Dissecting...
Writing snippets...
Processing...
Running lilypond...command failed: lilypond -b eps
-I  '/tmp' snippet-map.ly lily-1405697360
Child was terminated by signal 6
==

I created a shell script to run it directly from php,
and this generates the same error. I made the shell script
into a suexec script and call it using executing wget or
directly myself using a browser, same problem....

When the -V option is added to the --process= option:
[error]  Initializing FontConfig...
[error]  command failed: lilypond --safe -b eps -V
-I  '/tmp' snippet-map.ly lily-136795500
[error]  Child was terminated by signal 6

Even when I call lilypond again in the script after
lilypond-book crashes, it fails:
lilyrender.cgi: line 32:  3554 Aborted
lilypond -V --safe -b eps -I '/tmp'
-I '/tmp/lilypond-out' snippet-map.ly lily-*.ly

Anyone an idea?

Thanks in advance!

regards

Maurits