Re: Gregorian notes on _five lines_

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Gregorian notes on _five lines_
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:17:48 +0200

Actually, the number of lines isn't set in gregorian-init.ly. Rather, it's a property of the VaticanaStaff context. To see the default settings for this context, go to the on-line manual for your version of LilyPond. Click on Program Reference -> Translation -> Contexts -> VaticanaStaff
As you can see, it sets the line-count property of the StaffSymbol
object to 4, so in order to get five lines, you can do
\override VaticanaStaff.StaffSymbol #'line-count = #4

  /Mats

Quoting Micha? Dwu?nik <address@hidden>:

Hi,
I need to transfer paper version of some piece into lilypond.
The problem is that original notation is in principle gregorian,
yet on 5 lines, and two voices.

Could  someone give me a hint on how to revert
\include "gregorian-init.ly"
to have 5 lines back ?
And if it's possible how to put two gregorian voices on one set of lines
(does normal poliphony stuff work on gregorian notes ?).

Cheers
Michal