Re: Odd placement of the "Opus" string

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Odd placement of the "Opus" string
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:34:31 +0200

The default layout is more or less ad-hoc, since there is no single layout that
everybody can agree on or that can handle all different situtions.

A pragmatic solution is to use some other header field that's positioned where
you want the opus number to appear, for example you could try
\header{
 arranger = "Op 36"

A more ambitious solution is to redefine the default layout. You can find
some hints and examples in the manual on how to do that.

  /Mats

Christopher Culver wrote:

I'm typesetting an orchestral work with 2.8.0 that has two movements,
and so I am using a \book holding two \scores. In the header to \book,
I assigned a value to "opus". However, this opus number is being
typeset down alongside the title to the first movement, instead of up
top with the work title where it belongs. Is there a fix?

I hope this isn't an obvious question, I'm a newbie, but I've tried to
search for a previous answer to this.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems