Re: Fixing a font size

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Fixing a font size
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 07:35:47 -0700 (PDT)

Mats Bengtsson-4 wrote:

> I hope you don't adjust between-system-padding but also
> between-system-space.
>
>    /Mats

At my current skill level, I set between-system-space to -1 and just adjust
the between-system-padding.  I need to make more examples and do more
experiments to learn exactly how between-system-space works.  I'll be doing
that as time goes on.  between-system-space as I recall was giving me fits
so I set it to negative 1 to kind of neutralize it.  I think the tutorial
should maybe have a single dedicated chapter on "fitting a page" as a whole,
because that is truly an art in itself especially with lyrics, and a chord
line, and volta brackets, etc.  If you are not "subtle at this art then
things can "leap around" easily, I'm learning to make subtle changes, making
scale adjustments by fractions instead of whole numbers and getting better
results.  I do need to better understand between-system-space though.