Problems with certain chord names

From: Andre Schnoor
Subject: Problems with certain chord names
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 21:13:17 +0200

Hi all,

I'm new to this list and am currently implementing LilyPond export for my software "Music Prototyping Studio". First of all I'd like to thank the makers of LilyPond for this great and exceptional product!

Most export algorithms of my program already work fine and the resulting scores rendered by LilyPond really look exceptionally fine. However, I seem to have problems with the following chord names:

   (add2)         = "2" ?
   (add4)         = "4"
   6(add4)       = "4.6"
   m7(sus4)      = "m7sus4"  (rendered as "7sus4")
   maj7(add4)   = "maj.4"   ?
   7(b9,#9)      = doesn't work because 9th is occurring twice

I could not seem to find any working LilyPond spelling for them. Did I miss something? Where can I find the latest complete list of supported chord names?

Thanks in advance,
Andre