Re: triangle chord notation

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: triangle chord notation
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:05:53 +1000

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 09:40:08AM +0200, "Johannes Schöpfer" wrote:
>... it is maybe not useful that lilypond plays the chords in the midi-files.
>"band-in-a-box" is a program only for this reason and has also problems to do
>it correctly.
Actually, this is something I really do like about LilyPond. I don't
play piano or guitar, and the quickest way I have to experiment with
chords progressions when composing is to dump them into LilyPond (both
in a chord symbols context and as notation) and begin experimenting
from there. ãthe fact that I can type in a progression and hear it ten
seconds later is pretty useful.

While I'm at it, does anyone know of any other Linux software that can
do this? Last time I looked Rosegarden would take a guess at what a
chord was and display the symbol, but I don't remember being able to
enter chord names directly.

Cameron Horsburgh

http://web.netcall.com.au/horsburgh