Re: Page Layout Staff Spacing ?

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Page Layout Staff Spacing ?
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:24:24 -0700 (PDT)

Once you get the spacing close to where you want it, then make adjustments to
between system space and between system padding in very small steps to get
it just right.  I first try to get the padding right by setting between
system space to -1 (negative one) to neutralize it, then adjust between
system padding.  After that I'll go ahead and adjust between system space up
by small increments, then maybe remove the padding.  Trying to work both
variables simultaneously it's harder to get a handle on where things are
moving to.  I'm a fairly new beginner though, so I'm sure others have their
own "best practices" for fitting a page.  Some of which I'd be interested in
hearing about too.  The settings of the various "ragged" flags also makes a
difference.  For most "one pagers" I set them like this, then work the
spacing variables above along with the global or staff font size:

ragged-right = ##f
ragged-last = ##f
ragged-bottom = ##f
ragged-last-bottom = ##t