Chord chart layout

From: Thibaut Chevalier
Subject: Chord chart layout
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 01:37:08 +0200

Hi,

Did anyone worked on a good layout structure for chord charts (only chords) ?
I followed the instructions of the documentation ( http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/Documentation/user/lilypond/Printing-chord-names.html#Printing-chord-names), but two of my big issues right now are :

- Line breaks does work with \break. For a jazz chord chart, I want exactly 4 mesures on each line, and equally spaced. Does anyone know how to obtain that ? I'm not much familiar with the contexts.
- I would like to have the lines closer. I tried :
\override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-2 . 2)
but this make appear the key (which I don't want) and a staff of length one pixel.

What I have written at present is attached.

Thanks for any help !

Thibaut