Re: triangle chord notation

From: joelinux
Subject: Re: triangle chord notation
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 09:39:48 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

I haven't heard of the key of D#, but if it did exist it would contain two
double sharps.  All chord symbols are named by convention.  As for the root
relating to the key signature; I doubt it, because musical compositions contain
many tonal center shifts - hence accidentals.  The root of a chord symbol and
is related more to the the momentary tonal (key) center, not necessarily the
written key signature.