point & click in 2.9.12 [was: p&c on WinXP via editor]

From: David Griffel
Subject: point & click in 2.9.12 [was: p&c on WinXP via editor]
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:43:01 +0100

Following my posting about point and click not working via an editor on WinXP, I've experimented more.

It seems that in 2.9.12 on Windows, point and click sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, giving the dialog described in my email of yesterday. It doesn't seem to matter whether the .pdf file is opened by double-clicking the file in Explorer or directly through an editor or via DDE through an editor. I don't see any pattern to when it works and when it doesn't.

It happens with the simplest test music such as  {a b c d}.

I use Acrobat Reader 7.0.8.  Maybe it's an acrobat problem?

I don't remember having this trouble when using Lilypond 2.8.5. Maybe I was just lucky.

David